Updated on November 16, 2021
I. What Data We Collect:
- first and last name;
- mailing address;
- e-mail address;
- phone number;
- credit card and payment information; and
- other personal identification and contact information.
II. How We Collect That Data:
Interstate Music collects information about you through our Site in several ways. This information is used to provide users with personalized services and to allow us to understand how visitors navigate our Site. For example, Interstate Music may collect personally identifiable information from you when you:
- register for an account on our Site;
- sign up to receive communications from Interstate Music;
- enter a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by Interstate Music or one of our partners or affiliates;
- sign up for special offers from selected third parties;
- participate in a survey;
- send us an email message or correspond with us;
- submit your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site;
- sign up to become an Interstate Music affiliate;
- RSVP for Interstate Music events;
- enter a submission for the Interstate Music Awards;
- sign up to join the Interstate Music Collective; or
- otherwise volunteer information to us.
Non-personally identifiable information may be automatically collected through your ordinary use of the Site. Non-personally identifiable information is not currently combined with personally identifiable information in any way.
III. How We Use The Data We Collect:
We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect from our visitors (in a manner that does not personally identify any individual) to make the Site more interesting and useful to you. We also track the pages or documents accessed within the Site. This information is collected for systems administration and for analyzing and improving the value of the material available on the Site. For example, “cookies” are small files containing a string of characters sent to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Interstate Music may use these cookies to help personalize your online experience and to store visitors’ preferences and to record session information. These uses include saving your password so it does not need to be re-entered when you visit the Site, saving personal information such as a billing addresses and/or shipping address for subsequent visits, and serving content recommendations specific to your interests. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on the Site.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to fully experience all features of the Interstate Music Site.
IV. Data Sharing:
Except for the limited situations outlined below, under no circumstances do we share your personally identifiable information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the operation of the Interstate Music Site without asking you first. Interstate Music does not sell, rent, or lease its visitors’ personal information. The following are the limited situations in which we may share personal information related to the operation of the Interstate Music Site:
- We may share data with trusted partners or contractors to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries to you. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Interstate Music and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information;
- We may disclose your information—including personally identifiable information—without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Interstate Music or the Site;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Interstate Music;
- to investigate reports of fraud of users sending material using a false e-mail address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages;
- to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site; and/or
- to act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Interstate Music Site or the public.
V. Security Of Your Personal Information And Data:
Interstate Music takes security seriously and cares about the integrity of your personally identifiable information. It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We employ commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological methods to transmit and store your data securely. The Site is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible. In addition, we use regular malware scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply, such as credit card and payment information, is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user requests information, places an order, enters a contest, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All purchase transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We cannot always, however, guarantee the security of user account information and other personally identifiable information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, accidental disclosure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. You provide all information to Interstate Music at your own risk. However, in the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws or regulations.
VI. Privacy Of Children And Minors:
Interstate Music does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, please do not attempt to provide any personally identifiable information about yourself and you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personally identifiable information from a child under the age of thirteen, we will erase such information from our records as soon as possible, unless the child’s parent or guardian consents to our maintaining such information.
VII. E-mail Communications From Us:
If you elect to receive promotional communications from Interstate Music, we may contact you from time to time via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time by changing your preferences on our website, calling our customer service, or responding “unsubscribe” on the email.
IX. For California Visitors Only: Your California Privacy Rights Under The California Consumer Privacy Act:
If you are a California resident, we are required to notify you, at or before the point of collection of your personal information, the categories of personal information collected and the purposes for which such information is used. In addition, subject to certain exceptions, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides you with the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- Request to Know: The right to request to know the categories or specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you. California residents may make such a request up to two times during a twelve month period.
- Request to Delete: The right to request that we delete any personal information that we have collected about you.
- Do-Not-Sell Request: The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
How to Submit a Request: To submit any of the requests outlined above, you may call us at 262-260-9296 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request for access on your behalf. When you exercise these rights and submit a request to us, we will verify your identity by asking you to log in to your account if you have one with us, or if not, we may ask for your email address. We will respond to all verifiable requests received from California residents as required by law.
Non-Discrimination: The CCPA also prohibits discrimination against California residents for exercising their rights under the CCPA. Discrimination may exist where a business denies or provides a different level or quality of goods or services, or charges (or suggests that it will charge) different prices, rates, or penalties on residents who exercise their CCPA rights, unless doing so is reasonably related to the value provided to the business by the residents’ data. The fact that you have elected to exercise these rights will have no adverse effect on the quality of our services provided on the Site.
- identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers;
- commercial information, including records of services purchased, contests entered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements; and
- inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Financial Incentives: A business may offer financial incentives for the collection, sale or deletion of California residents’ personal information, provided it is not unjust, unreasonable, coercive or usurious, and is made available in compliance with applicable transparency, informed consent, and opt-out requirements. California residents have the right to be notified of any financial incentives offers and their material terms, the right to opt-out of such incentives at any time and may not be included in such incentives without their prior informed opt-in consent.
X. For California Visitors Only: Your California Rights on Direct Marketing (“Shine The Light” Requests):
If you are a California resident, the California “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) gives you the right to request information, free of charge, about our disclosure of your personally identifiable information to third parties or affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests may be made once per calendar year. California residents who would like to make such a request may do so by contacting us at email@example.com or by mail at Interstate Music, Inc., 1501 E. Wisconsin Street, Delavan, Wisconsin 53115. The request should attest to the fact that the requestor is a California resident and provide a current California address.
We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for us to process your request.
XI. Contact Information:
Interstate Music LLC
1501 E. Wisconsin Street
Delavan, Wisconsin 53115